Welcome to TAALK where we're breaking the silence that surrounds childhood sexual abuse.
As you can imagine and have probably experienced for yourself, child sexual abuse is a difficult subject for most adults to talk about, let alone the children who are its victims. As such we must begin with the basics and break the silence. In doing so, we achieve five key objectives as follows:
- We raise awareness to the fact that child sexual abuse happens in every community;
- We inspire all adults to learn to protect kids by participating in prevention training;
- We teach adults, teens and children "the language of abuse" and open the lines of communication;
- We help survivors understand that they are not alone and support their healing journey;
- And most importantly, we put offenders on notice that we're watching and our kids are off limits!
Who will you talk to about child sexual abuse today?